Are you looking for a way to help those most impacted by the social isolation of COVID-19? Due to the pandemic we have had to change the way we work to support older people and their carers in West Sussex. To help reduce social isolation and provide carers with the support they need we will be hosting small groups for respite sessions.
We are looking for activity volunteers to support with running activities during respite sessions, interact with the customers and be aware of their needs, and look after their general well-being and safety.
If you are passionate about supporting older people, and people with disabilities, we would love to hear from you.
You don't need to have worked in a similar role before, but we are looking for people who:
- are passionate about supporting older people
- are enthusiastic
- are reliable.
An understanding and experience of working with people living with dementia would be an asset, but is not essential.
- A good opportunity for anyone looking to work in health and social care to gain experience.
- The opportunity to work with a friendly team and to be social.
- Opportunities to explore different areas of West Sussex.
You will need your own vehicle as some locations are not on public transport routes.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Weekdays, during the day.|
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities