Addressing financial exclusion in East Sussex and Brighton
East Sussex Credit Union Foundation
Do you have experience of working with individuals and families in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex facing financial difficulties? Do you have experience and/or a vision on how to address capabilities (e.g. financial awareness training, developing personal budgeting skills, behavioural change) or how to target interventions for best impact? Do you have experience of fundraising?
ESCUF (East Sussex Credit Union Foundation) was created by East Sussex Credit Union to address exactly these issues in the local community.
We are still a very new charity looking to make a real impact in 2020/21 and are now looking to recruit volunteers to contribute in a number of ways, including helping to shape and build specific programmes (including with potential partner organisations) and to assist in fundraising.
If you think you might have the skills to help us, then please get in touch for an informal chat.
The following experience would be very useful but not critical:
- Helping / guiding or mentoring individuals and families dealing with financial difficulties
- Running and/or developing programmes to build capabilities to better manage personal and /or family budgets
- Fundraising, both from running events and from bids to funding agencies
- High degree of personal motivation to make and impact and to contribute to the charity and to work with limited supervision
- Understanding of the scope of local needs and work being carried out by other organisations
- This is an opportunity to join and shape the future of a charity in its earliest stage.
- You will meet new like-minded people.
- Gain experience that could be both personally fulfilling, by giving back to your local community and beneficial to your CV.
The charity normal meets at Hove Town Hall each quarter, but is currently meeting via Zoom calls.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Potentially attending board meetings or calls 4 times per year. Occasional working meetings or calls between board meetings. Time commitment will vary, but is unlikely to exceed 2-3 hours per week on average.|
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Teaching and Training
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities