Healthwatch Brighton and Hove
The Admin Assistant provides invaluable support to our small staff team with a variety of administrative tasks at our offices in central Brighton, helping us deliver essential health and social care projects and ensure the views of patients are represented locally and nationally.
You could help us in any of these tasks:
- Maintaining and organising calendars, volunteer forums and board meetings
- Adding entries to our website or CRM system
- Helping to produce newsletters, volunteer updates and press releases
- Producing and distributing materials to volunteers and board members
- Proof reading, formatting and uploading reports
- Helping to deliver meetings, training and other public events
- Attending meetings, taking notes/actions and distributing these
- Helping us recruit and process new volunteers and Directors
You should ideally have experience of:
- Delivering a wide range of administrative tasks
- Working as part of a team
- Working flexibly and adapting to changing priorities.
You should be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent personal communication skills
- Competent use of computers with experience including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent organisational skills.
Not essential, but helpful if you have experience of Microsoft Outlook.
The chance to improve health and social care services in your local community, whilst earning valuable practical experience in this sector.
Full training given as well as well as regular opportunities for further training.
A reference after six months of service.
You will be based at our offices in central Brighton, near the main station
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We ask that you commit to 6 months of volunteering - days/time can be flexible.|
Where does this role take place?
113 Queens Road
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Emergency Response
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Marketing and Media
- Practical Skills
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
There is no requirement for a DBS check for this role.
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Full out-of-pocket expenses paid
- Health and Safety
Full training provided
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability and professional indemnity covered
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer
Regular opportunities for support from the Healthwatch team and other volunteers, in group and one-to-one settings.
Regular opportunities for relevant training.