Hourglass - safer aging, stopping abuse
Hourglass are looking for a volunteer to provide administrative support to the Volunteer Coordinator.
Hourglass is a UK-wide charity, dedicated to calling time the harm, abuse and exploitation of older people.
We promote safer ageing and a fairer society for all older people, delivering a range of services from prevention and early intervention, right through to direct support and recovery.
Key tasks include:
- Administration of volunteer recruitment from enquiry to placement .
- Maintain and update all manual and electronic records, databases and information systems on volunteers.
- Provide reports and information as required for the Volunteer Coordinator (V.C).
- Co-ordinate with V.C. on preparation and delivery of volunteer training programme.
- Assist with production of Volunteer Newsletter .
- Administration of volunteer meetings and social events.
- Respond to enquiries and maintain regular contact with new and existing volunteers.
- Occasionally assist with admin tasks charity-wide.
- Excellent organisational skills, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
- A self-motivator, flexible, able to multi-task and manage a diverse workload .
- Adept with IT including Microsoft packages, Word, Excel, experienced with email systems, databases, e-surveys, mail-outs, Zoom/Microsoft teams.
- Observe strict confidentiality and work with discretion and sensitivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to engage effectively with volunteers, paid staff, service users and external contacts.
- Sensitivity to the needs of older people and those who may be at risk and vulnerable.
- Understanding of health and social care provision and statutory, private and third sector services.
- Make a difference - create communities in which we can all age safely.
- Improve your knowledge of the issues facing older people.
- Become part of a friendly team of staff and volunteers .
- Access to a range of training courses and events.
- Develop confidence, interpersonal and social skills.
- Location - currently home-based or located in Hourglass office, (as government Covid 19 restrictions allow).
- Minimum of 4 hrs per week required.
- Volunteer must be 18yrs+
- DBS/PVG/Access NI criminal records check, (if required).
- One month probation period.
Training and Support:
- Induction Training.
- Access to Hourglass Volunteer Training and Support Programme and other Learning and Development opportunities.
- Weekly contact with manager.
- On-going support, supervision and monitoring.
- Opportunity to be part of Volunteer Team Meetings as appropriate.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Time commitment: Minimum of 4 hours per week required, between Monday - Friday, 9-5. Flexible options can be discussed to work around time availability.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Authorised travel and refreshment costs reimbursed.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Volunteers must be 18yrs+
- Support on Offer