Administrative Assistant - Work Positive Programme
Terrence Higgins Trust (Brighton)
This is an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of the new employability programme for people living with HIV.
The volunteer will provide administrative support to the Work Positive Programme. Different tasks will be completed at different times of the year to follow the cycle of the Work Positive Programme.
The Type of Tasks / Activities you could be involved with:
• To respond to Work Positive enquiries via telephone and emails
• To arrange room bookings for client interviews, mentor interviews, mentor matching, and training workshops
• To provide the Application and Interview details on request to potential participants
• To follow up references for each successful candidate via email, phone and/or post
• To assist the coordination and planning of the Work Positive Group Induction Day,Training Workshops, and Graduation event; to include printing materials, setting up, catering, welcoming clients, collating feedback data etc.
• To maintain data spreadsheets related to the delivery of the Work Positive Programme (e.g. monitoring data, client details etc.)
• To contact referral agencies and partners and follow up with mailing out promotional materials
• To assist the Programme Coordinator with Survey Monkey monitoring and evaluation (including survey creation, data input and reporting)
• To perform general administrative support tasks including, but not limited to photocopying, scanning, printing, and electronic filing
• To use the Client Services Database to enter client activity on a regular basis.
• Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook (calendar and email)
• Experience of using a Client Database, or willingness and ability to learn
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A commitment to working as part of a team, and ability to work on own initiative
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• A basic understanding of the issues relating to HIV and AIDS, or willingness to learn
• Punctuality and reliability
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and be non-judgemental
• Commitment to representing THT in a positive and constructive way.
- Full training provided
- Reimbursement of travel and lunch expenses where possible
- Opportunity to utilise administrative skills to support a back to work employability programme.
Volunteer need to be over 18.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for an individual to commit to 1 or 2 days per week, as per their preference.|
Where does this role take place?
314-320 Gray's Inn Road
- Employment, Education and Training
- Health and Social Care
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender
- Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Disabled Access
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Yes - THT has an equal opportunities policy
We will reimburse reasonable travel and lunch costs.
- Health and Safety
all volunteer are required to complete a 2 day induction training.
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
All volunteer will receive role specific training.