Administrative Volunteer, Admin and Communications
Brighton Women's Centre
- To provide administrative support to BWC services and Managers where needed.
- To help establish and maintain appropriate electronic and hard copy filing and administration systems.
- To use IT, photocopier and other office machines as appropriate.
- To word process letters, documents and reports as required.
- To book meeting rooms as required and manage the office room booking calendars.
- To help create posters and leaflets for services as required.
- To attend supervision and review sessions, training programmes, and volunteer meetings where appropriate.
- To liaise with other BWC volunteers and employees and form constructive working relationships. To give and receive appropriate feedback to colleagues.
- To remain up to date with BWC information, policies and procedures, and ensure that you work according to these.
- To be able to work in line with BWC core values & ideals.
- To provide accurate and up to date information about BWC services upon request.
Volunteers are required to:
- work in a non-judgemental way;
- be reliable and on time for shifts;
- have an eye for detail and have an empathetic nature;
- have some administrative and IT skills, particularly Microsoft packages;
- be able to work as part of a team;
- uphold and work within the intersectional feminist ethos of BWC;
- be in a position to commit to volunteering for 5 -10 hours per week for at least 12 months;
- observe strict policies relating to confidentiality and GDPR.
Successful applicants will receive induction training, access to E-learning modules and regular line management supervision.
- Experience of working in a women centered, trauma informed organisation;
- Daily expenses paid up to the cost of a Day Saver bus ticket;
- Training and supervision.
Unfortunately our office is on the 2nd floor, with no lift.
Deadline for applications is 9am 14th October 2021.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Post is for 5-10 hours per week during office hours, Monday - Friday.|
Where does this role take place?
22 Richmond Place
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Womens Issues
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities