Age UK West Sussex and Brighton & Hove
Age UK West Sussex, Brighton and Hove has several services that need admin support:
- First Point of Contact team.
- Information and Advice team.
- Multi disciplinary Prevention and Assessment Team.
- Befriending service.
We are looking for several volunteer administrators to share a range of interesting and varied tasks, including:
- Customer satisfaction surveys.
- Collating data and supporting the coordinators with producing reports.
- Inputting data to databases.
- Preparing mail merge letters.
- Collating mailings ready for posting.
- Printing, photocopying, scanning, filing, shredding.
- Sending out information to clients.
- Locating and researching suitable meeting venues.
- Collating data for specific tasks.
- Preparing information packs and materials for talks and presentations.
- Ordering and re-stocking leaflets and information.
- Matching volunteers with organisations and maintaining the diary.
We don't expect you to do all of this! Tell us what you are interested in doing, and we will shape the role around you.
We ask you to commit to volunteering for a minimum of three hours a week due to the training that is required for this role.
We are looking for people with:
- A methodical and orderly approach.
- Experience of using a computer, in particular Word, Mail Merge, database and MS Teams.
- A good command of written and spoken English and good communication skills.
- An excellent telephone manner.
- Patient, flexible and reliable.
- Able to use own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Understand the need for confidentiality.
- Prepared to undertake training to support continuous improvement.
- A sense of humour.
- This is a lovely opportunity to help make a difference to older people in your community.
- You will get the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- And you will gain office and administration experience which may help you find a job or progress your career if that's important to you.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a flexible post that might suit several volunteers with varied skills. We ask for a commitment as a minimum of three hours a week due to the training that is required for this role|
Where does this role take place?
29-31 Prestonville Road
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities