An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Admin/Research Assistant to help develop and deliver our events programme.
TotRockinBeats, is a non-profit, community interest company, and is the UK's most innovative and exciting inter-generational event and publishing organisation.
As part of its organisational structure, we have a revolutionary new concept that aims to tackle social isolation for dads.
Dad La Soul is a monthly run, Saturday morning club for dads, step-dads, male careers, granddads and their kids, being launched around Sussex and eventually across the UK.
Dad La Soul provides socially rich, educational exchanges between men and their families, of varying abilities, from different generations, backgrounds, socio-economic positions, and cultures.
We work alongside a number of other non-profit organisations including Guildcare and CALM (The Campaign Against Living Miserably) one of the UK’s leading male suicide prevention charities, to help encourage men to talk.
“Our shifting perception of what a dad’s role is in a modern family is overdue, but without fundamental changes to society’s approach, we won’t create the support network for dads to be the modern version that we hope they can be, instead of setting them up for failure”.
We now require a switched on Admin/Research Assistant to help with our expansion plans:
- To provide efficient and effective administration support within the organisation
- To work as part of a team to provide a flexible and supportive range of services we offer
- Support the Head Of Funding with research for funding bids.
- To support the MD and in the day-to-day delivery of a high-quality service, planning programmes of activities, outings, and learning.
- To provide general administrative support including data inputting, mail out, to participate in planning and booking of activities for members; to contribute to the overall objectives and the philosophy of the organisation
- To carry out all duties taking into account confidentiality and equal opportunities.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good time management
- Highly organised
- Good computer skills, Google Docs, Sheets,
- Knowledge and understanding of dads' needs and issues.
- To recognize the unique contribution individuals can make to their own environment.
- The ability to use initiative and take direction from senior staff.
- A willingness to gain knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety requirements and legislation within the workplace.
Get to work as part of a very forward-thinking, family-focused team
Learn a range of new project/event management tools - Trello/Google Docs et al
Get to be part of a start-up company, that is actively breaking rules and making a real difference.
Our office in central Worthing on the second floor of Colonnade House (no lift)
Dad La Soul is a project that focuses on the challenging social isolation in dads but we actively welcome applications from people from the widest possible range of backgrounds.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We don't believe that we should be chained to the desk, worrying about how to make the school run. We are very flexible timewise. This will be a long term requirement and the job role will grow as the organsation does, so we will looking to offer paid contracts to the right people|
Where does this role take place?
Second Floor, Colonnade House, 1-3 High Street
- Administration and Office
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities