Adult Education Course Organiser
Rottingdean Whiteway Centre
Do you have good organisational skills? The Rottingdean Whiteway Centre, (RWC), needs support in organising their programme of adult education. An ideal opportunity if you live locally to, or within Rottingdean area.
RWC is a community centre, run since 1974 by volunteer trustees.We run adult education courses on a variety of subjects of general interest and it is a meeting place for local groups and clubs. We offer around thirty courses each term, either in the Centre or on zoom.
We are now looking to recruit a volunteer Education Course Organiser to organise and develop the programme of courses for each term. This is mainly a remote role but the volunteer will need to come to the Centre from time to time.
The role is ideal for a person who wishes to give some time to the community. Ideally the volunteer should live locally to or within Rottingdean. However, this is not necessary as there is good public transport coming to Rottingdean and the Whiteway Centre
What will I be doing?
- Developing and organising a programme of courses for each term.
- Administration of the programme.
- Liaising with the course tutors.
- If necessary finding tutors to teach new subjects.
- In conjunction with other volunteers, including the enrolment officer, the website manager, the tutors' pay officer and publicity officer, finalise and advertise each term's programme.
- First week of each term visiting the Centre to check in with tutors and students.
- All volunteers are trustees and attend ten management committee meetings per year. (These are currently by zoom.)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Reasonable IT proficiency, particularly with word-processing, (e.g. MS Word or similar).
- Ability to forward-plan and prioritise.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work well with others, in particular, the members of the Whiteway Centre’s management committee.
- Doing something valuable, interesting and rewarding for the benefit of the local community.
- Working with the other
like-minded and supportive members of the management committee.
- Working in a centre with an excellent reputation for the quality of its adult education provision.
- Able to attend Trustee Management Committee meetings, (currently by zoom) .
- Able to get to the Whiteway Centre when necessary. It is a one minute walk from the No.2 bus route and 6 minutes walk from routes 12,14,and 27.
- The volunteer would need to own or have access to a computer, (which can be arranged).
When do I need to be available?
|Details||No of hours for this role will vary depending on the time of year. At certain times deadlines will need to be met. Attendance at 10 management committee meetings during the year as a Rottingdean Whiteway Centre Trustee.|
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Job share may be considered
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer