Ageing Well Festival Volunteer
In 2013 Impact Initiatives celebrated the contributions older people make to our city, coinciding with the United Nations International Day of Older Persons. Each year since, the festival has grown and developed. The Ageing Well Festival is now an annual two-week programme of events to celebrate older people in Brighton and Hove. Each year we offer an eclectic range of events so that there is something to suit everyone’s interests. People have opportunities to meet like-minded others, make new and most importantly, have fun. An ever-increasing number of organisations, businesses and individuals take part each year. This year, with COVID-19 restrictions now minimal, we plan to hold our biggest Ageing Well Festival yet. The festival is part of the broader Ageing Well service.
Ageing Well Festival Volunteer will be:
- Able to provide information over the telephone in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to offer person centred support, which is tailored to a service user’s individual needs.
- Able to work with the guidance of the Ageing Well team.
- Willing to provide a flexible approach.
- Committed to working in line with equality, diversity, and equal opportunities policies.
In this rewarding role, you will be pivotal to the success of delivering the festival. You will have opportunities to gain skills in event management within the charity sector, including liaising with event organisers, planning logistics for the lead up to and during the festival, taking
bookings and responding to queries from people about events, and joining in on some of the fun.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||2-4 hours a week, to be carried out flexibly.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fitness and Sport
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- General Helping
- Local Events
- Marketing and Media
- One-off Activity
- Supporting Charities
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities