Arts and Crafts Lead Facilitator
West Sussex Mind
This is an exciting opportunity to support our service users through developing various creative groups in our Art studio, using equipment & materials on site.
What's involved -
- Volunteering alongside West Sussex staff to run weekly arts and crafts sessions to:
- Discuss with group members to come up with ideas for arts and crafts activities
- Facilitate activities
- Encourage and support group members to facilitate activities.
- Liaise with J.B., discuss ideas & list materials that are required to carry out Projects.
- Mental health awareness training provided.
- Good organisational skills
- Creative skills
- Good interpersonal skills / empowering.
Opportunity to use skills to support people with mental health needs
Welcome you to West Sussex Mind with a package of training and information needed to carry out the role.
You will meet new people, have the opportunity to learn new skills and take part in regular in-house training.
We will check-in regularly to ensure you are enjoying your volunteering role.
We will reimburse pre-agreed expenses in line with West Sussex Mind’s policy.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
45 Southwick St
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities