Arts & Craft Volunteer
Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove
Are you arty & crafty? Could you help an unpaid Carer learn a new skill or hobby?
We are looking for volunteers to support unpaid family/friend carers to learn a new skill or hobby for Brighton & Hove Carers Centre’s Reablement Project, designed to support unpaid carers to learn new skills & achieve positive changes in their lives.
The Carer will have identified a goal they wish to achieve and you will be matched based on your experience and knowledge with their needs for an hour a week, for up to 10 weeks.
You decide how much time you commit and when. You will receive training, ongoing support and an invite to our monthly volunteer supervision, which is a great way to meet other volunteers and share your experiences. Travel expenses and any previously agreed out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
- You will be a patient and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to support and enable others to work towards a goal.
- You will need to know how to use video-calling software such as Zoom or Skype.
- You should be reliable, friendly, open minded and be able to set, maintain and work within personal and professional boundaries.
- You will be able to offer an hour or two a week of your time to support a carer remotely from your own home (either over the phone or on Zoom).
- You will help to reduce the carer's social isolation during lockdown and gain experience and develop your own skills.
Benefits to the volunteer
- Develop and gain new skills including mentoring
- Put your skills to use and make a lasting difference to someone's life
- Meet and work with new and interesting people.
Regional Area - Brighton & Hove, but all meetings are currently done remotely on Zoom or over the phone
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We have more daytime opportunities, but occasionally evening opportunities arise.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Practical Skills
All meetings are done remotely
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We refund pre-agreed out of pocket expenses
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
We have public liability and employers liability insurance that covers volunteers
up to date safeguarding policy
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
Monthly Group Supervision
- This role is adaptable for different abilities
You will receive training in Safeguarding, Boundaries etc before starting the role