Arts & Crafts Volunteer
Spiral Sussex Ltd.
We are looking for volunteers to help with arts and crafts activities for adults with learning difficulties at our day centres in Bevendean and Newhaven.
These activities include painting, collage, knitting and much more. If you love art and love people, get in touch!
We will aim to provide transport as and where possible, as well as expenses. You'll also learn very useful skills including First Aid!
- You will need to be kind, caring and patient.
- You will need to be able to follow instructions to ensure the safety and well-being of clients, particularly where coronavirus health & safety precautions are involved.
- You will need to be reliable and able to commit to volunteering for Spiral Sussex long-term.
- Enjoy working with fun, friendly staff and clients and know that you are making a difference to the lives of people who could otherwise be suffering from isolation.
- Get mentoring and relevant training on the job, including supported online training in: health & safety, first aid, and supporting adults with learning difficulties.
We would like to reassure prospective volunteers that we have now got COVID-19 health and safety procedures in place. This includes PPE and health & safety training for staff, spatial arrangements which allow for socially distanced activities in "bubbles", NHS Test & Trace link up, hygiene stations, minibuses which allow for social distancing, and temperature checks when picking up clients.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||9am - 3pm Monday-Saturday (Brighton) Monday-Friday (Hillcrest Community Centre, Newhaven)|
Where does this role take place?
1A Prospect House
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer