Ask Me Scheme Volunteer Administrative Assistant
RISE UK - (Refuge, Information, Support and Education)
To provide administrative support to the Community Engagement Lead in operating the Ask Me scheme in Brighton and Hove. Duties may include engaging participants onto the scheme, maintaining records of participants and the Ask Me mailing list, organising ambassador network meet ups and administering the evaluation of the scheme.
The Ask Me scheme is a community response to domestic abuse and one strand of the Women’s Aid Change That Lasts project, please find more information about Change That Lasts here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/our-approach-change-that-lasts/
- Engaging participants on to the scheme;
- Maintain the RISE Ask Me training participant list and mailing list;
- Monitor the Ask Me email address;
- Administer the evaluation of the Ask Me scheme, which includes sharing the data tracking form with local ambassadors on a quarterly basis, and subsequently collecting and analysing the data captured;
- Support in the organisation.
- To have completed, or be willing to complete, the Ask Me training
- General IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel software.
- Some administration experience would be an advantage.
- Some experience of quantitative data processing would be an advantage.
- Some experience of managing an online group would be an advantage.
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the Ask Me scheme.
- Be prepared to attend supervision.
- Be able to commit to regular voluntary work for Rise.
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive induction to perform your role effectively and opportunities to attend domestic abuse-related trainings.
- Monthly supervision with your line manager, the Community Engagement Lead.
- An opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued.
- You will gain transferable professional skills and work experience that provides you with additional sources for positive work references.
- You will gain greater knowledge about domestic abuse services and the charity sector.
- We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Ranging between 4 to 8 hours a week (on either Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays) until September 2020. There is flexibility with these hours as volume of tasks will be dependent on training dates.|
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Supporting Charities
We have a lift in our building but no disabled toilet facilities.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities