Become a volunteer therapist with Peer Action
We are a registered charity dedicated to improving the well-being of people living with HIV in Brighton and Hove and surrounding areas. As a grassroots group run entirely by volunteers, we offer support through a programme of well-being events, social and physical activities, providing friendship and companionship to anyone feeling isolated as well as those who care for or share their lives with them.
We are looking for therapists to join our talented pool of volunteers and help us deliver the well-being days by working on a weekend afternoon event when you will be using your skills to improve our peers’ health and well-being. You will be reimbursed for any expenses incurred to attend the event.
Although we operate within a very strong local community, we invite applications from Sussex and surrounding areas. Our well-being days currently take place at the Terrence Higgins Trust Brighton.
Join us if you are a qualified professional in one or more complementary therapies such as:
- Tapping (emotional freedom technique – EFT)
- Massages (deep tissue, Swedish, sports massage and others)
- Other complementary therapies that may benefit our service users.
By becoming a volunteer therapist with Peer Action, you will:
- Invest yout energy and skills to make a difference to the lives of people living with HIV in Brighton & Hove and surrounding areas, helping improve their well-being, physical and mental health.
- Have the opportunity to learn about what is it like to live with HIV and the issues involved in managing this condition.
- Be part of a group of enthusiastic people who share the purpose of giving back and supporting the local community to become healthier and stronger.
Anyone wishing to become a volunteer therapist with Peer Action will be asked to provide the following:
- A complete Volunteer Application Form
- A DBS disclosure for safeguarding reasons if required (we can arrange that for you)
- Have a valid insurance for their practice as a therapist
- Contact details for one referee
- Bank details for reimbursement of expenses
For a role brief and an application form, visit our website: https://peeraction.net/peer-actions-is-recruiting/
When do I need to be available?
|Details||At the moment we are carrying out well-being days on a monthly Saturday session, but we may have the resources to run these events on a monthly Sunday session as well.|
Where does this role take place?
Terrence Higgins Trust
61 Ship Street
- Supporting Charities
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Public liability insurance provided.
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer