Befriender, Together Co
We are looking for befrienders to support individuals who are at risk of social isolation as a result of their age, disability, or health condition.
We match people with people to create friendships that make life better and will carefully match you with an individual who we think would be a good fit.
We ask you to commit to an hour a week, or an hour a fortnight, for a minimum of 6 months.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions, volunteers may start befriending over the phone or through socially distanced meet ups outside until home visits are possible.
- Strong listening skills
- Understanding of older people and/ or people with disabilities/long term health conditions
- Non judgemental attitude
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Commitment and reliability
- Respect for confidentiality
- Friendliness and warmth
- Empathy and resilience.
- Connects you to others
- Fun and fulfilling
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for care, social, health and charity sectors.
Volunteers will be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||1+ hour a week or 1+ hour a fortnight. We would like you to be able to commit to a minimum of six months.|
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities