The Salvation Army, Worthing
We are looking for a friendly and reliable individuals or pairs of friends who will make a commitment to visit our clients weekly or fortnightly in the Worthing area.
Although having access to a car is very helpful, many of our volunteers use public transport to get to their visits. All expenses are reimbursed.
Full training and the support of the two Befriending Coordinators and the other Visiting Befrienders will be given before, during and after your visits.
• An empathy with older people
• An ability to listen and respond to others
• A sense of commitment to another
Social Aspect of visiting new individuals.
Visits usually last around an hour so you should be prepared to set aside most of a morning or afternoon for each client.
The role will require personal references and the individual will be required to complete a new DBS.
When do I need to be available?
- Older People
- Supporting People and Befriending
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer