BMEYPP Fundraising Volunteer
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP) works with young people who are Black, Asian, Arab and Mixed Heritage aged 11 to 25 in Brighton and Hove. We work with young people considered hard to reach, but who are vulnerable to disaffection, and grooming and exploitation.
As a charity we are reliant on grants, but are also looking to diversify our income streams through:
- Online fundraising.
- Crowdfunding campaigns.
- Fundraising events such as quiz nights and social events.
We are seeking volunteers who can support us in our endeavours.
The role will involve:
- Researching funding opportunities.
- Writing applications.
- Attending team meetings.
- Sharing and implementing ideas for fundraising events and activities.
- Reporting back to the team.
- Supporting young people in their fund raising activities.
- Reviewing events and implement learning for future events.
You will work as part of our fundraising team alongside staff, young people,and trustees.
We are seeking a team of people with various experience and skills:
- Experience in writing funding applications.
- Experience of using social media and some knowledge and/or experience of crowd funding.
- Ability to research online.
- Ability to be creative in ideas, and share these with the team.
- An understanding of the needs and experiences of Black, Asian Arab and Mixed Heritage young people.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
- IT Skills (Word processing, email, online research).
- Good local knowledge.
- Ability and willing to seek donations from business community.
This list is intended to give you a flavour of the type of people we are looking for, if you are interested in this volunteering opportunity do not hesitate to contact us to enquire further.
- Reward of helping a local charity to continue, and develop further activities.
- Gaining additional experience of working in charity sector, and to add value to your CV.
- Opportunity to work with a vibrant team of staff and volunteers.
Meetings will take place at a central Brighton accessible location.
Volunteers will undertake work from home and can work flexibly.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a flexible volunteering opportunity, whilst tasks are negotiated volunteers can chose when to undertake tasks in their own time.|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities