BMEYPP Youth Management Committee
Black and Minority Ethnic Young People's Project (BMEYPP)
The BMEYPP is a youth led project for Black, Arab, Asian and mixed parentage young people aged 10-25. The BMEYPP Management Committee is a fun way to learn about what happens behind the scenes of the BMEYPP. It is an opportunity to be involved in developing and shaping the way we operate now and in the future. It provides useful practical and life skills such as team work, and business management. It is a way of making a real difference in the community.
The management committee runs the organisation and is made up by its members.
The role involves attending training, attending meetings, and making decisions about the development of the BMEYPP. If you are over 18 you can take on roles on the committee such as the chair, treasurer or secretary of the committee. You will also work alongside the trustees who are a group of adults who support the members of the management committee.
Members of the committee must meet membership criteria which are to be Black, Asian, Arab or Mixed Parentage and aged under 26.
Must be willing to and have the qualities to:
- commit to attending regular meetings which will be negotiated between committee members
- work as part of a team but also independently when necessary
- Be reliable
- Be trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be prompt and punctual
- Be under 26
- Have good ideas and able to share them
- Inform people in advance if you can’t come to a meeting
- Read your post, meeting agendas and notes.
- Support the activities and events run by the project.
- Committee members will receiving training on leadership and the roles and responsibilities of being on the BMEYPP management committee - some years this has taken place as a fun residential weekend
- Gain experience of being part of a team that runs the organisation, this would be great experience for your CV and/or when applying for college, university or employment
- Committee members will have opportunities to meet new friends from similar and diverse backgrounds. Expenses will be paid to committee members.
As the BMEYPP currently does not have a base, meeting days/times and venues will be negotiated by the members of the committee.
The hours of this volunteer opportunity are flexible.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Ground Floor, The Ironworks
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Must be Black, Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME), must be a young person under 26
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Yes reasonable travel expenses, proof must be provided
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Safeguarding policy and protocols yes
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Support on Offer
Yes we provide induction training and also training on leadership and management