Livestock (Mothers Uncovered/Soulfood)
Livestock is a charity that works within the community, running arts groups, events and performances to support, educate and entertain.
The main project is Mothers Uncovered which is a creative support network for (mostly new) mothers. It is to provide a support service to mothers through workshops and arts projects. We give women the chance to talk openly and honestly about their feelings and experiences, without fear of judgement. It is also to give women the chance to celebrate and mark this point in their lives.
The charity also presents SoulFood - community food workshops. SoulFood runs events in schools, food banks and community centres to get participants excited about food and feeling confident in sharing food skills and ideas.
Lastly, our thespians present events and m/others uncorked which is immersive, improvised shows dealing with social issues.
This role will be about attending a quarterly meetings to take minutes, type them up and then distribute them amongst the trustees in a timely fashion.
For this role you will need the following:
- Ability to use IT especially Word Processing
- Ability to type or write at a proficient speed in order to take minutes
- Ability to organise your time to make sure that minutes are distributed speedily
We also would love for the candidate to have a passion in the work we do, whether it is for the Arts or Food aspects.
This role will give someone the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a growing local charity
- Have opportunities to learn and develop by accessing training across the city
- Have all expenses paid
This meeting currently takes place in Hove (Farm Road), in an upstairs meeting room with no lift. The meeting can also occasionally change in venue depending on the need.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This meeting varies between a Tuesday/Wednesday or Thursday - 4 times a year.|
Where does this role take place?
13 Farm Road
- Administration and Office
Possible, but not currently.
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer