Are you well organised and reliable? Are you able to write short, clear notes and updates? Would you like to be part of a friendly, supportive group making your community more sustainable? Can you spare 10-12 hours a month? If so, we'd love to meet you!
Green Tides is a partnership of 40 volunteer groups in Adur and Worthing who work in gardens, parks, cemeteries, beaches and wild spaces, improving the natural habitat and enabling local people to get outdoors and do something positive for themselves and their environment.
Green spaces have become even more important to people's lives since the start of the COVID restrictions. Public bodies are increasingly recognising their value to community well-being.
This is a very exciting time to get involved with Green Tides. We're currently developing a strategy to expand our work and make a bigger difference to more people. We became independent five years ago and have recently become a Community Interest Company.
We are run by a small volunteer board which meets every two months. The board meets with the volunteer groups every other month (so there is a meeting every month). There is also an annual general meeting.
We are now looking for a new Board Secretary to:
- Organise the meetings (currently on Zoom but hopefully face to face in future), eg. booking rooms, sending email reminders.
- Take the minutes at our meetings.
- Use MailChimp to send an e-newsletter once a month to our members (training on using Mailchimp will be provided)
- Assist with collating items to go in the newsletter.
- Keep the mailing list up to date.
- Checking Green Tides emails on twice a week basis - training will be given and support will be ongoing.
- There are also plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in our green spaces work if that interests you, and you have the time.
We are looking for someone who has some admin experience. You should be:
- Well organised and reliable.
- Proactive and happy to volunteer from home.
- Confident in using digital technology eg. Zoom, cloud sharing documents etc.
- Able to make notes during a meeting and write them up clearly.
- Able to write short, clear updates for the newsletter (with input from the other Board members).
- Assisting with local event planning as restrictions allow (eg. Green Dreams).
This is a permanent role and we hope you can stay with us for at least 2 years.
We are a very friendly bunch! This is a chance to make new friends and get to know what's going on locally.
The community groups we support are a fun and positive bunch of people to be involved with and Green Tides' meetings are positive, inspiring and uplifting!
You'll be helping to make a positive difference to the well being of our community.
You will need a computer, phone and a good connection to the internet at home.
You must also be familiar with participating in Zoom meetings and comfortable taking the minutes of a meeting held on Zoom.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We meet formally once a month, alternating between Members meetings (about 25 attendees) and Board meetings (the 4 of us and you). The Members meeting is bi-monthly on Tuesday evenings from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. Currently, Board meetings are bi-monthly on Friday lunchtimes, however, this is flexible. Available periodically for phone chats to catch up. This role will take about 10-12 hours a month, and the secretary is expected to attend all meetings.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers