Are you well organised and reliable? Are you able to write short, clear notes and updates? Would you like to be part of a friendly, supportive group making your community more sustainable? Can you spare 6-8 hours a month? If so, we would love to meet you!
Green Tides is a partnership of 40 volunteer groups in Adur and Worthing who volunteer their time in green spaces such as gardens, parks, cemeteries, beaches and wild spaces, improving the natural habitat and enabling local people to get outdoors and do something positive for themselves and their environment.
Green spaces have become even more important to people's lives as a result of the Covid pandemic. Public bodies are increasingly recognising their value to community well-being.
This is a very exciting time to get involved with Green Tides. We are currently developing a strategy to expand our work and make a bigger difference to more people. We are an independent not for profit organisation and have recently become a Community Interest Company.
We are run by a small volunteer board which meets every two months. The board meets with the volunteer groups every other month (so there is a meeting every month). There is also an annual general meeting.
We are now looking for a new Board Secretary to:
- Organise the meetings (alternating between Zoom and face to face ), eg. booking rooms, sending email reminders.
- Take the minutes at our meetings.
- Use MailChimp to send an e-newsletter once a month to our members (training on using Mailchimp will be provided)
- Assist with collating items to go in the newsletter.
- Keep the mailing list up to date.
- There are also plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in our green spaces work if that interests you, and you have the time.
We are looking for someone who has some admin experience.
You should be:
- Well organised and reliable.
- Proactive and happy to volunteer from home, although living locally is important, as we do have face to face meetings sometimes.
- Confident in using digital technology eg. Zoom, cloud sharing documents etc.
- Able to make notes during a meeting and write them up clearly.
- Able to write short, clear updates for the newsletter (with input from the other Board members).
- Assisting with local event planning as restrictions allow (eg. Green Dreams festival in September).
Due to the level of training and support provided, and the frequency of Board meetings, we would like you to be able to offer a minimum of one year's service.
- We are a very friendly bunch! This is a chance to make new friends and get to know what is going on locally.
- The community groups we support are a fun and positive bunch of people to be involved with, and Green Tides' meetings are positive, inspiring and uplifting!
- You will be helping to make a positive difference to the well being of our community.
- You will need a computer, a phone, and a good connection to the internet at home.
- You must also be familiar with participating in Zoom meetings, and comfortable taking the minutes of a meeting held on Zoom.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This role will take about 6-8 hours a month, and the secretary is expected to attend all meetings. We have one meeting a month, alternating between Member meetings, (about 25 attendees), and Board meetings, (the 3 of us and yourself). The Member's meeting is held Tuesday evenings, every two months from 7pm -9pm, alternating between meeting in person and Zoom. Board meetings are held Friday mornings, every two months on Zoom. However, this is flexible. You will be available periodically for phone chats to catch up and deal with Green Tides business. Other tasks can be done whenever it suits you, so long as any deadlines are met.|
- Civic Responsibility and Communities
- No specific interest
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers