The Circus Project is seeking to attract a number of new Board Members to work with our current members and employees. We are looking for those who can demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and vision of the charity and help with the continual work aimed primarily at supporting young people, raising the standard of youth circus, nurturing talent, and encouraging innovation and excellence.
Joining our board would require that individuals attend meetings about 6 times a year in Hove. Trustees are expected to offer advice and help in their areas of expertise. We are interested in hearing from those with an interest in our project, community work, performance, arts and culture. To be pro-active in offering support and ensure the running of the organisation is in keeping with our aims and objectives. Knowledge and skills in the following would be of interest but we are interested in hearing what experience/skills you’d like to contribute:
- Marketing and PR
- Social media
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Secretarial and board administrative duties
- Performance, teaching and working with young people.
- Opportunities to get involved in the organisation and events of community circus.
- Joining our inclusive, friendly board of directors.
- Make a difference and help develop this growing art form in your local community.
Our meetings are based at Hangleton community centre, Hove, BN3 8BW. Often on a Thursday evening after our classes. Times to be confirmed.
Bus routes to the centre are: 5A, 5B
There is free parking carpark outside the centre and street parking.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Hangelton Community Centre
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Black and Minority Ethnic Communities
- Fitness and Sport
- Young People
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- General Helping
- Marketing and Media
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Travel expenses to and from meetings.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- This role is adaptable for different abilities