What is Emmaus?
Emmaus supports people to work their way out of homelessness, providing a purpose as well as a stable home for as long as someone needs it.
Whilst our amazing charity is doing all that it can to end homelessness, we still need our volunteers to help raise vital funds by working in our shops.
What is the role of Book Curator?
Within our Superstore we have a burgeoning book section, carrying a wide range of genres and issues. An ever expanding and interesting stock of old classics to the contemporary.
We are now in need of someone to help curate and price our stock with the ultimate goal of securing their true value for the Charity.
Your duties can vary from organising and preparing the stock for the shop floor to researching, discovering and helping to value rare books. You’ll provide us with advice and recommendations for the best selling route and maybe even help us with selling books online.
What skills will I need?
- A reliable, personable nature.
- A can-do attitude is the most valued attribute of all our volunteers.
- Customer Service, Retail, Business are all desirable skills, but if you are willing to learn we can train you!
- Experience is not necessary, but some knowledge and passion for books would be advantageous.
This is an opportunity to really make the role your own by bringing your own skillset and developing it further whilst benefiting a great charity.
Who will I be working with?
We are a friendly community made up of volunteers, companions and staff. We encourage everyone to reach their full potential. Even though we have all different types of people here, we all have one thing in common – a desire to make a positive difference to our goal of ending homelessness.
What skills will I gain?
- Sales expertise
- Customer Service
- Library skills
You'll also make new friends and have a thoroughly companionable day!
Travel and Lunch Expenses
We can cover your reasonable transport costs and provide a free lunch! just get in contact to find out more.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is an ongoing opportunity|
Where does this role take place?
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Sorting and organising items
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Reasonable travel expenses and free lunch available
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities