Branch administration volunteer
Cruse Bereavement Care
We’re looking for a dynamic and committed volunteer with fantastic communication skills to support administration needs within the Adur & Worthing Cruse branch. Cruse’s key resource is its volunteers. None of what Cruse achieves would be possible without the passion, dedication and skills of our volunteers.
At this current time, due to Covid-19, following government guidelines, all of our services have moved online and via telephone support. The safety of our volunteers and clients is our highest priority, therefore this role will not be required until our normal services can resume. However, we would still like to hear from you if you're interested and could speak by phone or video call initially.
As a Branch Administration Volunteer, your role will be:
- Answering phone calls/emails from existing clients wanting to change or cancel support sessions
- Answering phone calls/emails from bereavement volunteers.
- Managing the branch diary.
- Welcoming clients and providing any refreshment needs.
- Filing and dealing with general queries.
As a CRUSE volunteer you will receive:
- Full induction to Cruse and your role
- Invitations to regular training events
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- Volunteer newsletter.
We are looking for people who can offer:
- A fantastic level of written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Personal and friendly manner
- A good level of computer literacy.
- Be part of a supportive volunteer team
- Providing help to bereaved people in need
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills, and benefit from ongoing support and training
- An opportunity to enhance your CV.
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, you will need to adhere to all of our standards and policies, specifically our confidentiality and GDPR policies. You will also need a basic DBS check, which will be carried out free of charge.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The role is flexible dependent on the branch needs and your availability but will require an ongoing commitment.|
Where does this role take place?
Lodge Hill Centre
- Administration and Office
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- This role is adaptable for different abilities