Buddy Volunteer, Together Co
We are looking for volunteers to give short term support to enable people to achieve a goal, with the aim of giving our clients more confidence to engage with their interests. Giving your time each week could help connect someone with the outside world and their community.
The buddy scheme is short term and goal focused with an eventual aim of giving our clients more confidence to engage with their interests – perhaps to go to choir practice, an exercise class, their allotment, or for a walk around the park for the first time following a previous fall.
The buddy role tasks are really varied and guided by the people we work with.
We ask you to commit to around 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months. You will also be asked to log your buddy activities through an App and engage in monthly volunteer support meetings.
- Communicating well with people who may be going through difficult times, and building rapport.
- Emotionally resilient and self-aware, supporting people non-judgmentally.
- Good listening skills.
- An awareness of supportive coaching techniques.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and act as a link between people and all that is happening in the community.
- IT skills to give prompt feedback through an App.
- Connects you to others
- Fun and fulfilling
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for social care, health and charity sectors
Volunteers will be reimbursed for all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||2 hours a week. We would like you to be able to commit to a minimum of six months.|
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities