Do you enjoy driving? Are you free on Wednesday afternoons from 12 to 7pm (starting and ending in Worthing)? Would you like to make a difference to the lives of people experiencing homelessness? If so, read on...
At Turning Tides we know that anyone’s life can spiral into homelessness. We bring together compassionate individuals and organisations to transform the lives of people in our local community and change perceptions of homelessness.
We are launching our new Mobile Hub for Horsham and mid Sussex, housed in a double decker bus. The bus will visit various locations - taking support to individuals living in challenging circumstances and providing them with a much-needed lifeline.
We are looking for a volunteer to drive the bus and be an integral member of the outreach bus team.
- To drive the bus from Worthing to Horsham; and then around the Horsham area.
- Be a welcoming face for visitors.
- Help create a calm and inviting space and environment for our clients to come into.
As well as driving, it would be great if you'd also be happy to get involved when the bus is parked up. For example, you might have a cup of tea and a chat with a client, cook some food in the galley kitchen, or help someone get online.
You must hold a clean driving licence and experience of driving large vehicles would be beneficial.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Have good interpersonal skills and an approachable manner.
- Are flexible and adaptable.
- Are consistent, reliable, trustworthy and honest.
- Have a non-judgemental attitude.
This is a great opportunity to make a difference to the life of someone experiencing homelessness.
You will get the chance to meet new people and feel part of a team.
Your volunteering day will start and end in Worthing. From there you will drive the bus to Horsham and around the Horsham area.
You will have to attend a bus driving training sessions held in Worthing by Compass Travel.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We are looking for volunteers every Wednesday from 12 noon to 7pm. Ideally we are looking for volunteers who are willing and able to come every week. But we aim to be flexible so get in touch and we can discuss the commitment with you.|
Where does this role take place?
Worthing and Horsham
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities