The Salvation Army, Worthing
We are looking for friendly cafe volunteers to join our lovely volunteer team and help run our cafe.
Summary of tasks:
- Food preparation
- Customer service
- Light cleaning duties
- 4 to 5 hours per week
Skills / experience needed:
- A friendly disposition
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to complete Health and Safety records accurately
No previous catering experience is needed as full training will be provided, including the opportunity to study for the CIEH Food Safety in Catering certificate.
- The opportunity to study for the CIEH Food Safety in Catering Certificate
- Learning how to work in a team
- Getting to engage with all different types of people from different walks of life
Cafe opening hours are currently 10 am - 2 pm Monday to Thursday and a variety of shifts are available
Our cafe is located at the Welcome In, 9 - 11 Crescent Road, Worthing, BN11 1RL.
This volunteering opportunity is suitable for those aged over 18 years.
A free lunch is provided for all cafe volunteers working a four hour shift.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There are various shifts available. These will be discussed in your interview.|
Where does this role take place?
11 Crescent Road
- Community Food
- Cooking and Catering
- General Helping
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Support on Offer