Cafe Volunteer - Macmillan Horizon Centre
Macmillan Horizon Centre
The Macmillan Horizon Centre café needs volunteers to help with:
- serving customers
- making coffee and tea
- clearing tables and cleaning kitchen equipment
- preparing food such as sandwiches, soups and Jacket potatoes
- welcoming customers, making them feel at ease and sign posting them to the support available
- Good at multi-tasking and organisational skills in a busy environment
- Empathy and ability to relate and respond well to people
- Strong listening skills
- Able to work as a part of a team
- Able to use initiative and refer complex issues to the appropriate person when required.
- Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, like you.
- Meet and work with new people
- Use and develop your catering and customer service skills, enhancing your CV
Flexible hours between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday
Mostly on you feet in the kitchen / café area, usually for 3-4 hours.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Volunteers usually volunteer once per week for one of the following time slots: 09:00 - 13:00 10:00 - 14:00 13:00 - 17:00|
Where does this role take place?
2 Bristol Gate
- Community Food
- Cooking and Catering
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
Food Hygiene, Barista training, Cancer Awareness, Listening & Responding and Macmillan Induction