Carer Wellbeing Information Volunteer
Carers Support West Sussex
We now have Carer Wellbeing Workers based in all the acute hospitals in West Sussex. The team also cover the various community hospitals throughout the county. The aim of this NEW role is to increase the profile and presence of CSWS and the team based within the Hospital, by engaging directly with the general public and health professionals. See www.carerssupport.org.uk. The volunteer would help oversee a CSWS Information stand where they would:
- Actively converse with people visiting or attending the hospital.
- Inform and enable family and friend carers to access support from CSWS either within the hospital setting or on-going support post-discharge.
- Signpost carers to our countywide Response Line for registration, further support, and onward referral.
- Engage and provide Information about CSWS to health professionals.
The volunteer would be asked to record details of engagement and actions.
- A commitment and passion for engaging with the general public and helping family and friend Carers to access support.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis.
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others.
- To be non-judgemental and able to maintain personal boundaries.
- Encourage and promote Carer health and wellbeing.
- Induction Training, on-going role-related training & support
- Personal & Professional Development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic and expanding charity.
The role would involve actively approaching and engaging with the general public and/or health professionals within the hospital environment. The Information Stands are placed in an area within the hospital where there is a natural footfall of people passing our stand. Travel links and parking arrangements to be discussed on application.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Each hospital has its own arrangements with regards to when their stand is set-up and manned. The majority of the Information Stands are operational on week days for a few hours at a time. Exact details will be discussed on application.|
Where does this role take place?
- Emergency Response
- Families and Parenting
- Health and Social Care
- Mental Health
- Older People
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer