Carers Groups Co-facilitator – Chichester, Horsham and The Witterings
Carers Support West Sussex
You will support the locality worker at a local venue where carers can meet with their peers and are enabled to share their experiences, meet with other carers and learn more about our services. These groups bring together carers where they can talk or just listen to others. Your role will be to co-facilitate meetings alongside the Carer Well-being Locality Worker. The Co-Facilitator would also be responsible for alerting the Localities Carer Well-being Worker to any Safeguarding related concerns or disclosures.
Skills and attributes required:
- Basic IT skills to be able to join online meetings and undertake online training
- Active listening, and excellent & effective communication
- Confident to engage with others within a face to face and virtual group setting
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others
- To be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries
- Encourage and promote carer health and well-being.
You will be helping us to change the lives of carers by making sure they are heard and supported when they most need it and are looking for help. You will be making a difference by helping to facilitate the cYou will be helping us to change the lives of carers by making sure they are heard and supported when they most need it and are looking for help. You will be making a difference by helping to facilitate the carer support groups alongside the locality Carer Wellbeing Worker ensuring that carers feel supported, listened to and heard.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Timings and commitment: A monthly commitment of 3 hours to support the group plus additional time for 1-1s with your mentor, training and meetings. All groups meet during the day. Timings and venues to be confirmed.|
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities