Carers Groups Co-facilitator – Online Parent Carers Group
Carers Support West Sussex
You will support the Well-being Worker at an online Parent Carers group where carers can meet with their peers and are enabled to share their experiences, meet with other carers and learn more about our services. Your role will be to co-facilitate, host and provide tech support at the online meetings alongside the Well-being Worker. The Co-Facilitator would also be responsible for alerting the Well-being Worker to any Safeguarding related concerns or disclosures.
- Good IT skills and able to use online systems including zoom
- Active listening, and excellent & effective communication
- Confident to engage with others within an online group setting
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis
- An understanding of the parent carer experience would be beneficial
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others
- To be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries
- Encourage and promote carer health and well-being.
- Out of pocket expenses are paid that includes travel and parking.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme to support well-being.
- This role is available to anyone over the age of 18yrs.
- Acess to Employee Assistance Programme to support well-being.
- We will require 2 References and a basic DBS check.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Timings and commitment: every 3rd Tuesday of the month from 10.30-12.30 and some times to attend meetings and 1-1s with your volunteer mentor. A commiment of 12 months.|
- No specific interest
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
• Out of pocket expenses are paid that includes travel and parking
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities