Carers Group - (Open to all Carers - Worthing)
Carers Support West Sussex
We know that being a carer is harder than those not in this position think. Carers provide up to 90 hours of unpaid support every week and are very often isolated and alone. Through our Carer Support Groups we provide a safe space for carers to meet on a monthly basis to engage with other carers, gain information and support. Working alongside the Support Worker, to provide a confidential space for carers to meet on a regular basis to off-load and get information and support. Our open to all group is open to anyone with a caring role whatever the condition of the cared for from Dementia to Parkinsons and many more.
Practical tasks may be required at some groups: i.e. setting up the room and tea & coffee making duties.
Active listening, and excellent & effective communication. An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis. An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others. You will be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries. A personal or professional insight into a specific condition or disability is preferred but not essential.
- You will be part of a valued team of volunteers supporting over 20,000 carers across West Sussex.
- We provide induction, Adult Safeguarding training, travel and other out of pocket expenses are paid.
- You will gain experience in facilitating a group, active listening and supporting others in a group setting. You will be invited to social events twice a year and quarterly staff information exchange events.
No parking on-site. Car Park within 5mins walking distance. Support Group is held on the ground floor, kitchen facilities on the 1st floor (no lift). The venue has good transport links. Public transport links (bus) and car parks close by. 10-15min walk from the train station. The role is every last Monday of the month.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The group is held on the 4th Monday of the month from 11am - 12.30am. On the day, the co-facilitator would be required from 10.30 - 1pm. (Hours involved: 4 hours per month on average allowing for training and regular reviews)|
Where does this role take place?
Carers Support West Sussex (Pavilions Rm)
19 Liverpool Gardens
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer