Casserole Club Befriending Volunteer, Together Co
We are looking to connect people, who love cooking and want to be active in their community, with individuals who are at risk of social isolation, as a result of their age, disability, or health condition, and no longer find it easy to cook for themselves.
This involves sharing an extra portion of food on a regular basis (perhaps weekly or fortnightly).
Key Skills Required
- Understanding of older people and/ or people with disabilities/long term health conditions
- Non judgemental attitude
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Commitment and reliability
- Respect for confidentiality
- Friendliness and warmth
- Connects you to others
- Fun and fulfilling
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for social care, health and charity sectors.
Flexible hours, volunteers will be reimbursed for travel expenses across Brighton & Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||1+ hour a week or fortnight. We’d like you to be able to commit to a minimum of six months.|
- Supporting People and Befriending
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities