Chair of Trustees
Phoenix Arts Space
Phoenix Art Space is a charitable (not-for-profit) arts organisation based in the heart of the City of Brighton & Hove. It is the largest provider of professional artist’s studio space in the South East region. We provide 100+ studio spaces, short-term project space for hire, a rolling gallery programme, education programme and a cafe which bring together professional artists and the general public in a friendly and creative environment. Our mission is to create the conditions where art can flourish.
The charity is governed by a board of trustees - currently 8 people. We are now looking for a new Chair to lead this Board.
Our current Chair, Jane McMorrow, will step down from the role in January 2021 having led the Board for 5 years. We are now seeking to appoint an experienced leader dedicated to supporting the Board, CEO and Management Team in the development of a new Business Plan and artistic vision for the organisation.
The role of Chair is a voluntary, unpaid, non-executive appointment.
- In addition to four Board Meetings per year, the Chair is expected to attend Phoenix Art Space events, including its annual Open Studios and other significant events.
- The Chair also serves on key Committees.
- In total, the commitment required equates to at least 4 days per month with the capacity to increase this time should the need arise.
We welcome applications from individuals experienced in governance and with the commitment, qualities and attributes to effectively lead our organisation and shape the future of Phoenix Art Space.
You must be passionate about the arts and its value to society but you don't need to be an artist yourself.
We are a vibrant, positive and creative community. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of that community and make a significant contribution to support for the arts in Brighton and Hove.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||In total, the commitment required equates to at least 4 days per month with the capacity to increase this time should the need arise. There is some flexibility to fit this role around your other commitments. The main board meets four times a year.|
Where does this role take place?
10-14 Waterloo Place
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities