Chair Person: Laughton Greenwood
Laughton Greenwood Limited CBS
Over the last five years significant progress has been made to restore and improve this site of ancient wet woodland and conserve it as an important community asset. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic person to help steer the next phase as the Chair of our Management Committee.
The role of Chair is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership, guidance and strategic support. If you have a passion for woodlands and helping human communities and natural environments flourish and would like to know more, please send an email to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you.
Chairing is a key role on our voluntary Management Committee. The Chairperson must ensure that the Management Committee functions properly, that there is full participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
Characteristics of a Good Chairperson
The chairperson plays a key role on any voluntary management committee. Below are summarised some of the key qualities, skills and knowledge that are characteristic of an effective chairperson.
A good chairperson will:
- speak clearly and succinctly;
- be sensitive to the feelings of members;
- be impartial and objective;
- start and finish on time;
- be approachable;
- have an understanding of the voluntary and community sector;
- be tactful;
- have knowledge of the organisation's key networks;
- be able to delegate;
- be a good strategist;
- be a strong networker;
- be good at team building;
- consider succession planning across the board;
- plan for skills development of themselves and the committee;
- have experience of management committee involvement;
- show interest in member's viewpoints;
- have sound knowledge of the organisation's work;
- have an ability to respect confidences; and
- ensure decisions are taken and recorded.
The opportunity to volunteer for our Organisation comes with many benefits:
- Unlimited access to our beautiful Woodland.
- Opportunities to positively impact and improve biodiversity,environmental and community wellbeing developments.
- Community and social events.
- Ongoing learning about Woodland Management, wildlife, environmental and social growth.
The Committee meets 6-8 times per year in Lewes or Laughton. The role of Chair is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership, guidance and strategic support.
The role of a Chairperson involves a regular time commitment, with work between meetings, external representation of the organisation, and work with staff. As a very small organisation defining roles and capacity is essential.
When do I need to be available?
Where does this role take place?
Lane House, Mill Lane,
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer