Charity Board Secretary
the Virtual Doctors
International telemedicine charity seeks experienced person for interesting and varied role supporting the Board, organising, advising, and guiding on key aspects of non-profit Governance.
- IT literate and highly organised with an attention to detail
- Experience of non-profit sector and ideally in a similar role
- Strategic Vision - ability to think creatively
- Willingness to speak your mind
- Financial planning
- Have the “during office hours” time available to complete the tasks
- Commitment to the organisation
- A Self-Starter with a willingness to “get stuck in”
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Work from home and/or visits to the office in West Sussex
- An interest in International or Health related causes
- Experience of working with NGOs
- HR experience
- A willingness to open networks and help generate resourcing
- Knowledge of M365/Sharepoint/Salesforce
- This role is exceptionally diverse and, for the right candidate, offers an opportunity to make full use of expertise gained through past or current involvement of governance.
- It offers insight into international health care, and/or technology and learning around how mobile technology is helping telemedicine and an international non-profit organisation.
- The chance to work with a small and very friendly team.
All trustee meetings are held in London. The administrative office is currently based in Shoreham by Sea. We also retain a 'Virtual Office' at the Sussex Innovation Centre in Falmer, Brighton.
Successful post holders are asked to
- Sign a confidential and non-disclosure agreement
- Provide evidence of identity and associated document
- Provide two names and addresses for written references
- Have input into a comprehensive induction plan and handover with outgoing Board Secretary.
- Opportunity to attend the next Board Meeting in June 2019 as an observer or meet some trustees in advance
When do I need to be available?
- Health and Social Care
- Administration and Office
- Advice and Information
- Business Skills
- Computers, IT and Websites
- Fundraising and Finance
- Supporting Charities
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
Possibly please get in touch.
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Support on Offer