The Spire Arts
The Spire Arts is a creative space for theatre, dance, circus and performance makers, located in the beautiful Grade II listed St Mark’s Chapel in Kemp Town, Brighton.
We are a friendly team of trustees looking for a Charity Secretary to support the board to find their way through good governance and best practice, and to facilitate our quarterly board meetings.
You role as Charity Secretary will involve:
- Has experience of being a member of a committee/board or a secretary to one.
- Is well organised
- Is able to write clear, succinct minutes and emails and share documents via the internet.
- Appreciates the importance of good governance and has some knowledge of what's required of a charity board.
- Is willing to keep up to date with developments in charity governance through the Charity Commission website and other relevant websites.
The Spire is based in a very special grade two listed building in Kemp Town, Brighton. We are a friendly team of locally based people helping our two Artistic Directors achieve their vision to have the best community arts venue in East Brighton. It is an opportunity to learn more about the arts world and meet very talented people from a diverse background.
You will also gain valuable experience of supporting a Board which may help with your personal or career development.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We estimate this role will take up to 5-8 hours a month on average. The trustee meetings are held four times a year; and communications with the Chair between meetings is usually by phone.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities