Classroom volunteer - IT
This is a volunteering opportunity at The Friends Centre in Isetta Square near Brighton Station.
A classroom volunteer is required to support learner in IT classes. The role involves:
- To provide learning support to students on Friends Centre courses as directed by the course tutor
- To motivate students to enable them to learn
- To provide basic emotional support to enable students to learn
- To meet with the course tutor beforehand to agree on any specific duties for the lesson
- To meet with the course tutor after the lesson to feedback about the learners
- To feedback to the tutor with any concerns about a learner’s safety and well-being or the safety and well-being of others
- To maintain appropriate boundaries with learners
Commitment to the ethos and values of the Friends Centre
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Good communication and people skills
- Knowledge of basic IT essential
- The ability to work with people who have additional needs such as disabilities, learning difficulties and mental health needs
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable and punctual
- Non-judgemental and tolerant
- Able to keep confidentiality but aware of safeguarding others (Safeguarding training will be given)
- Able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team when necessary
- Aged 18+
- Providing much needed support
- Training and development opportunities
- Being part of a friendly team
The Friends Centre is in Brighton, behind the station and near the London Road.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Mondays 10am-12pm 20th May – 22nd July (no class on 27th May) And/Or Next Steps in IT Mondays 1-3pm 20th May – 22nd July (no class on 27th May)|
Where does this role take place?
Brighton Junction, Isetta Square, 35 New England Street