Role Purpose –
• The purpose of this role is to help create a calm and inviting space and environment for our clients to come into.
• To welcome clients as they enter our breakfast club and engage with them, providing a friendly face and listening ear.
• Assisting clients with their needs and where necessary signposting them to staff members to assist with any issues.
• To support the staff and volunteers on duty and assist them.
Project Background: St Clare’s Community Hub is the centre for a range of services in and for our local community in Worthing. A drop in service operates from 9am until 12pm Monday to Friday and from 9am until 11am on Saturdays. Services include hot and cold food, showers, clothing, laundry, I.T. provision, advice, information and signposting. The service is a referral route into local supported housing. The service is also a Wi-Fi hotspot. St Clare’s hosts the local rough sleeper’s team which is a multi-agency approach to end rough sleeping in the town
• be inclusive and welcoming.
• communicate with staff on duty.
• be flexible to the needs of the staff member on duty.
• abide by the Confidentiality, Professional Boundaries and Health and Safety Policies at all times.
Requirements: Please note this role will require two character references.
Professional boundary and confidentiality training will be covered during the induction meeting.
Working in a team
Gaining experience working with a homeless charity
Gaining experience in empathizing with and supporting clients
No parking available. Near a bus route.
For continuity, we ask that volunteers commit to one morning per week, fortnightly or one morning per month.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||8.30 am – 11.30am – Monday - Saturdays For continuity, we ask that volunteers commit to one morning per week, fortnightly or one morning per month.|
Where does this role take place?
St Clare's Community Hub
6-8 Marine Place
- Homeless and Housing
- General Helping
Appropriate for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BME, Women only)
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Support on Offer
Whilst this role is independent, there will always be staff members on site to support you. Turning Tides offers a range of offers for our volunteers including travel expenses and access to training and events within our organisation