Client Service/Administrator - face-to-face in our offices
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
Do you want to help your community by offering us your client service skills? We need help re-opening our face-to-face services at venues around West Sussex - Shoreham, Worthing, Haywards Heath, Horsham and Crawley
We are looking for volunteers to help provide services and keep our offices running.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet clients and other visitors, explain the advice process and offer information needed by clients.
- Answer the phone, take messages , explain the available services.
- Point out leaflets, lists and self-help materials or send information by e-mail.
- Direct clients to relevant pages on our website.
- Set up new client and update client information on our database.
- Writing standard letters, scanning, photocopying, franking.
- Dealing with some office / premises issues.
You will be working as part of a team of committed people, supported by a Supervisor.
We are looking for people who live in West Sussex and are able to commit for a day a week on an ongoing basis.
Specific qualifications and experience are not required to take on the role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are friendly and approachable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have an awareness of the potential needs of vulnerable clients.
- Have good IT skills (outlook, database, spreadsheet) and willing to learn how to use the photocopier, scanner and franking machine.
- Are confident to work independently.
- Are open minded and non-judgmental.
- Have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome all applications from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi to complete training as we provide digital training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of these are self learning.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for a minimum of one day per week.|
Where does this role take place?
Shoreham, Worthing, Haywards Heath, Horsham, Crawley
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities