Client Service meet and greet - Burgess Hill Library
Citizens Advice in West Sussex (North, South, East)
We are looking for volunteers to help provide our service in Burgess Hill. Do you have spare time to offer your client service skills in the local library to meet and
greet our clients who contact us for help and advice?
This role will give you an excellent opportunity to progress further to become a volunteer adviser.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet clients and other visitors.
- Explain the advice process and offer information needed by clients about our available services.
- Point out leaflets, lists and self-help materials or direct clients to relevant pages on our website, provide contact information about our services.
- Book client appointments with our general or specialist advisers and set up new clients on our system.
- Successfully complete Induction and Client Service training, show interest in further training opportunities.
You will be volunteering in the Burgess Hill Library, supported by a Supervisor. At the moment we need volunteers on Mondays or Wednesdays. Starting as soon as possible.
You must be able to volunteer for a minimum of one day a week.
Specific qualifications and experience are not required to take on the role.
We are looking for people who:
- Are friendly and approachable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Have an awareness of the potential needs of vulnerable clients.
- Have good IT skills (outlook, database, spreadsheet) and willing to learn how to use the photocopier, scanner and franking machine.
- Are confident to work independently.
- Are open minded and non-judgmental.
- Have an understanding of, and commitment to, confidentiality.
We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and welcome all applications from people with all range of abilities for the skills that they bring.
All our volunteers get something different from their volunteering experience. Some of the benefits include:
- Making a real difference to people's lives - including helping them deal with the additional worry and pressures created by COVID-19.
- The chance to connect with new people and learn a lot about the community you live in.
- Being part of a friendly and enthusiastic team of volunteers and staff with a shared purpose.
- Training, development and experience to help strengthen your CV.
You will need your own IT equipment and access to Wi-Fi to complete training as we provide digital training and ask you to be pro-active when elements of these are self learning.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||You could do this role if you are available to volunteer for a minimum of one day per week.|
Where does this role take place?
Burgess Hill library
15-19 The Martlets
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities