Co-Facilitator - Carers of people living with Dementia (Worthing, Haviland House)
Carers Support West Sussex
We know that being a carer is harder than those not in this position think. Carers provide up to 90 hours of unpaid support every week and are very often isolated and alone. Through our Carer Support Groups we provide a safe space for carers to meet on a monthly basis to engage with other carers, gain information and support. Working alongside the Carer Wellbeing Worker you will support the group, you will provide a listening ear, give relevant information where needed and respond to any issues and concerns raised by the group members.
- Active listening, and excellent & effective communication.
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis.
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others.
- You will be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries.
- A personal or professional insight into a specific condition or disability is preferred but not essential.
You will be part of a valued team of volunteers supporting over 20,000 carers across West Sussex. We provide induction, Adult Safeguarding training, group facilitation training, travel and other out of pocket expenses are paid. You will gain experience in facilitating a group, active listening and supporting others in a group setting. You will be invited to social events and staff information exchange events.
The group runs every third Thursday of the month from 10am - 12 noon and you would arrive around 9.45 to help set up and some time after the group ends to tidy away.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||The group takes place every third Thursday of the month for 3-4 hours a month.|
Where does this role take place?
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
We cover all out of pocket expenses.
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer