Co-Facilitator - Carers of people living with Dementia (Worthing, Liverpool Gardens)
Carers Support West Sussex
We know that being a carer is harder than those not in this position think. Carers provide up to 90 hours of unpaid support every week and are very often isolated and alone. Through our Carer Support Groups we provide a safe space for carers to meet on a monthly basis to engage with other carers, gain information and support. Working alongside the Carer Wellbeing Worker you will support the group you will provide a listening ear, give relevant information where needed and respond to any issues and concerns raised by the group members.
- Active listening, and excellent & effective communication.
- An insight into issues carers face on a daily basis.
- An empathetic caring approach when engaging with others.
- You will be non-judgemental and be able to maintain personal boundaries.
- A personal or professional insight into a specific condition or disability is preferred but not essential.
You will be part of a valued team of volunteers supporting over 20,000 carers across West Sussex. We provide induction, Adult Safeguarding training, travel and other out of pocket expenses are paid. You will gain experience in facilitating a group, active listening and supporting others in a group setting. You will be invited to social events twice a year and quarterly staff information exchange events.
The role is once a month on the first Thursday every month.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This groups runs on the first Thursday every month from 10am - 12noon.|
Where does this role take place?
19 Liverpool Gardens
Two steps at entrance but otherwise okay
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer