Collection Box Coordinator
Care for Veterans
Do you live in or near Worthing? Do you like getting out and about? Are you responsible and well organised? Then this role could be for you.
Care for Veterans is a Worthing based charity. Working in the gaps between healthcare and social services, we offer a range of appropriate solutions for people with physical disabilities and complex needs, many of whom have served this country.
COVID-19 has severely hit our income. We receive no regular Government funding and have had to cancel several fundraising events which we were relying for income to fund what we do.
An important source of regular income are the collection tins which locally businesses kindly place on their counters. As lockdown restrictions ease and shops open, we are keen to restart this activity and are looking for a volunteer to help us.
As Collection Box Coordinator, you will be involved in:
- Distributing collection tins to shops and businesses in Worthing and the local area.
- Identifying and securing new venues for collection tins.
- Maintaining and servicing the collection tins on a regular basis.
This role is flexible and can fit around your existing commitments.
We are recruiting for this role despite the COVID-19 emergency because it's important for our future. We would really like to hear from you if you're interested. We could talk by phone or video link initially so you can find out more about the role and if it might be right for you.
You don't need to have done this kind of role before. We are looking for people with:
- Good knowledge of the local area.
- Car owner or access to one.
- Good health as it will involve walking and tins can be heavy.
- Professional manner and good communication skills.
You will be making an important contribution to the running of a charity which supports veterans.
This is a very enjoyable role for people who like getting out and about.
You do need access to a car. We reimburse your travel expenses.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a very flexible role which can fit round your other commitments.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur and Worthing
You will need to visit lots of premises around the town - some of which may not have disabled access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities