The E.Y.E Project (Eco, Young & Engaged)
Want to do something about climate change? Passionate about young people's potential? Looking for a committee or trustee role? If so, please read on.... this is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference to the future of the planet and our young people.
The E.Y.E. Project (Eco, Young and Engaged) educates young people about environmental sustainability in a fun, engaging way and it creates opportunities for them to take action.
We are a growing network of schools in West Sussex with an active membership of more than 20 schools (primary - Secondary).
We've achieved a lot since we started in 2008 but we're ambitious to do much more. We're relaunching the project this year so by joining now you will have the opportunity to shape the future direction.
We've just employed a new Project Manager with lots of enthusiasm and ideas for how to engage more school age young people in environmental sustainability and prepare them with the knowledge and skills to contribute to a greener future when they leave school.
The project is overseen by a small committee of volunteers. We are now looking for more people to join our committee to support the new Project Manager and help shape our future.
The committee's role is similar to that of a board of trustees of a charity*.
- Agreeing the project's purpose and direction.
- Agreeing the action plan and budget.
- Overseeing the Project Manager's work.
- Helping develop links and partnerships.
- Agreeing fundraising policies, plans and bids.
As a committee member, you will be asked to:
- Attend our meetings. These are held every 6-8 weeks, for 1-2 hours.
- Contribute your skills, experience, and knowledge to the committee's discussions.
- Be a sounding board for the Project Manager.
- Be an Ambassador for the Project, if you're able, - telling other people and organisations about us.
*The project is currently constituted as an unregistered community group but we are considering applying for charitable status, so committee members may become trustees in the future.
Interested? Please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and fill in your contact details. We'll get in touch to tell you more about the project and how to apply. The deadline for applications is Sunday 28th February 2021.
You don't need to have sat on a committee before and you don't need to be an expert.
To help us involve more young people in all communities, we need a committee made up of people from different backgrounds and with different life experiences and skills.
What matters most is that you...
- Care about climate change and young people's futures.
- Are prepared to make an ongoing commitment to our project.
- Are willing to work as part of a team, and able to make your point of view respectfully.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to influence and support the next generation to play their part in tackling climate change.
- You will be making a difference and gaining new skills, knowledge and networks yourself.
- And you will be joining a fun and friendly bunch of people! (And the young people are amazing too!)
We are currently meeting on Zoom but hopefully it won't be too long before we can hold face to face committee meetings again. These will be in Worthing.
Our AGM is being held on 25th February 2021 at 10.30am on Zoom. If you get in touch with us before then, there will be an opportunity to join us to find out more about our future plans and meet the existing committee members.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||We meet for a couple of hours every 6-8 weeks. There are also opportunities to get involved between meetings - talking with the Project Manager, responding to email questions, attending our events.|
Where does this role take place?
Adur & Worthing
- Business Skills
- Fundraising and Finance
- Marketing and Media
- Teaching and Training
- Trusteeship and Committee Work
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities