Communications and Marketing Officer (Volunteer)
Friends of Homefield Park
Friends of Homefield Park is a local community group dedicated to the upkeep and regeneration of Homefield Park, Worthing. We aim to maintain and improve our park by representing the interests of all who use it and keeping up a line of communication with the local council. We also organise annual community events such as picnics, cleanups and family fun days.
We've got big plans for the next 12 months and we want to shout about it - across the park using posters, in local magazines with adverts and on social media.
Can you help us get the message out there?
Do you want to build experience and have content for a portfolio?
We're looking for someone who wants to build their experience of communications and marketing by producing the following:
- a poster for each of our events (6 annually)
- a Facebook event online for each event (6 annually)
- set up a Social media management tool (help available to do this)
- schedule Tweets and Facebook posts relating to the events
- use our logo and communications to date to create a basic brand guidelines pack and templates.
There are also additional projects available to take on relating to communications and marketing - and would be happy to take ideas from a volunteer.
You don't have to have masses of experience, but we're looking for someone who can demonstrate their ability to:
- write reasonably well (good spelling and grammar)
- has an eye for good design and formatting (whether using Adobe or even Microsoft Word!)
- has an understanding of Facebook and Twitter
- is keen to learn more and access training where possible.
- opportunities to build and demonstrate skills in design and communications via social media for a portfolio
- the chance to be part of a friendly and welcoming community project at a time of growth - including the chance to shape ideas for the future
- experience of working in an office environment using a range of software if desired
- access to local training and support for the voluntary and community sector via Community Works when available.
- We are looking for someone who has some time during the working week to meet in Worthing town centre to plan work.
- We are flexible on days and times - ideally Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- We envisage the commitment will be half a day a week (at most)
- We can pay travel expenses
- We can be flexible - if interested - get in touch!
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Starting as soon as possible - days and times are flexible|
Where does this role take place?
C/O Community Works
Worthing Town Hall, Chapel Road
- Marketing and Media
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities