Communications and social media volunteer
Livestock (Mothers Uncovered/Soulfood)
Livestock is a charity that works within the community, running arts groups, events and performances to support, educate and entertain.
The main project is Mothers Uncovered which is a creative support network for (mostly new) mothers. It is to provide a support service to mothers through workshops and arts projects. We give women the chance to talk openly and honestly about their feelings and experiences, without fear of judgement. It is also to give women the chance to celebrate and mark this point in their lives.
The charity also presents SoulFood - community food workshops. SoulFood runs events in schools, food banks and community centres to get participants excited about food and feeling confident in sharing food skills and ideas.
Lastly, our thespians present events and m/others uncorked which is immersive, improvised shows dealing with social issues.
This role will be about solidifying our current websites, media and social media before we expand, and looking to input to development with creative eyes, towards the future direction of our comms as an organisation.
For this role you will need the following:
- Ability to create good media content based on the organisation's projects work and events
- Ability to develop our existing newsletter for regular distribution to our members
- Ability to organise your time to make sure content on our website/social media is regularly posted
- Develop Livestock's communications in collaboration with the two directors in order to fulfil the growth of Livestock going forward
We also would love for the candidate to have a passion for the work we do, whether it is for the Arts or Food aspects.
This role will give someone the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a growing local charity
- Have opportunities to learn and develop by accessing training across the city
- Have all expenses paid
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This position does not require hours at a specific time, however, it will be necessary to be flexible enough to arrange a time to meet with existing staff, even if that is a weekday evening to agree on the direction of tasks.|
- Arts, Heritage and Entertainment
- Community Food
- Families and Parenting
- Mental Health
- Womens Issues
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
But signposting to relevant external training is available