Community Connector Programme Administrative Volunteer
RISE UK - (Refuge, Information, Support and Education)
We are looking for a volunteer to offer administrative support to the Community Builder in operating the Community Connector Programme in Brighton, Hove and East Sussex.
The RISE Community Connector programme is for women living in Brighton & Hove and East Sussex who have been affected by domestic abuse and would like to start a community project. The programme is part of the Communities Rising Project at RISE https://www.riseuk.org.uk/about-us/communities-rising
The Community Connector programme employs an asset-based community development (ABCD) approach which focuses on strengths existing within communities and individuals and offers support to survivors of DVA to develop solutions to issues they identify in their own communities.
Duties include processing applicants, maintaining records of participants and the Community Connector mailing list, co-facilitation of training, organising meet-ups and supporting the evaluation of the scheme.
- General IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Some administration experience would be an advantage.
- Some experience in quantitative data processing would be an advantage.
- Some experience in group work facilitation, online or in-person would be an advantage.
- Ability to be flexible and work according to the needs of the Community Connector programme.
- Be prepared to attend supervision.
- Be able to commit to regular voluntary work for RISE.
- At all times you will be expected to protect the safety and security of services, service users, staff, volunteers and buildings, and the confidentiality of records and other information.
- Acknowledge and actively support the rights of women, children and young people who have experienced domestic violence.
- An opportunity to develop your strengths and skills (e.g. communication, teamwork, time management, positive attitude, initiative), build confidence and feel valued.
- You will gain transferable professional skills and work experience that provides you with additional sources for positive work references.
- You will gain greater knowledge about domestic abuse services and the charity sector.
This is remote volunteer role but there could be in person meetings and/or training to attend.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||Hours required range from between 4 to 8 hours a week. There is flexibility with these hours as workload will be dependent on programme dates. The days the hours could be worked are Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday.|
- Administration and Office
- Computers, IT and Websites
- General Helping
- Marketing and Media
- Practical Skills
- Supporting Charities
Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
Health and Safety
Insurance Cover for Volunteers
Suitable for 13 - 16 years
Suitable for 16 - 18 years
Suitable for a group of volunteers
Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
Support on Offer
This role is adaptable for different abilities