Community Donations Volunteer
The Treasure Basket Association
Are you outgoing and good at connecting with people? Do you enjoy coming up with imaginative ideas and putting them into practice? Would you like the chance to make a positive difference to the lives of disadvantaged children in your local area? Can you offer a couple of hours a week?
The Treasure Basket Association is a small West Sussex charity which uses play therapy to support the emotional well-being of disadvantaged children and families who are referred to us by local schools.
The COVID-19 lockdown has had a massive impact on children's well-being - particularly those from the most disadvantaged households. We are keen to expand our services to help more local children get the support they need to recover from the impact of the lockdown and fulfill their potential.
We are now looking for someone interested in helping us reach out to our local community for more donations. Your role will be to:
- Contact local businesses, shops, clubs and individuals asking for donations of prizes for online fundraising competitions.
- Reach out to community organisations, colleges, and individuals to ask for donations of art supplies for our play therapy work.
- Come up with ideas for a Christmas appeal to businesses and the public to give gifts to the children we support e.g. last year we did a 'shoebox' appeal.
- Maintain a list of who you've contacted and who has donated. And make sure every donor is thanked appropriately for their generosity.
- Liaise with other volunteers - especially those who keep our social media pages up to date - to share ideas, contacts, and information.
You will be part of a small, friendly team of volunteers and will be supported by Felicia Lycett, the charity's founder. At the moment everyone is volunteering from home and keeping in touch by Zoom, phone or email.
If you like the sound of this role, we'd love to hear from you! Please click the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button and we will get in touch for an informal chat.
You don't need to have done this kind of role before. We're looking for someone who is:
- Outgoing, confident and friendly. You will enjoy getting in touch with people you've not met before and telling them about our charity.
- Able to write a friendly, persuasive email or letter.
- Confident on the phone.
- Good at coming up with imaginative ideas and putting them into practice.
Ideally you will live along the West Sussex coast as local knowledge will really help you identify potential donors.
And you should be interested in volunteering with us for at least 3 months.
- You will have the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- You will be contributing to supporting disadvantaged children in your community who are finding life tough at the moment.
- You will have the opportunity to gain experience which can strengthen your CV - if that's of interest to you.
The role will be done largely from home - so you will need access to a computer, broadband and phone.
There may be a need to go out an collect donations. It would be great if you could do this too but other people in the team can help out if that's a problem.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||This is a very flexible role which you can fit around your other commitments. On average we estimate it will take a couple of hours a week. But you can do more if you wish! And it doesn't need to be the same amount of time every week.|
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities