Kennedy St Foundation
Do you enjoy building relationships with people and comfortable doing so by phone and zoom? Are you well organised? Would you like to be part of a friendly team of volunteers who are passionate about helping people transform their lives for the better? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
The Kennedy St Foundation is a peer led recovery charity that supports families, individuals and businesses affected by substance use disorder. We were founded by Kevin Kennedy (Curly from Coronation St) and Clare Kennedy to reach more people in the community that want to find out more about the journey of recovery and transformation.
The demand for our support has grown significantly since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Overcoming problems with drugs, alcohol, addictive behaviours or mental health is hard at the best of times. It’s even harder if you can’t leave the house to access support. Social isolation, loneliness, shame and stigma are big factors for people drinking more and turning to drugs at any time. At a time when most of us are feeling more anxious than usual, more people are likely to struggle with mental health, drug, addictive behaviours like gambling or alcohol problems.
We are a small, start-up charity with a very modest income. To keep up with the demand for our services, we really need a volunteer who can help us raise funds from the public through community fundraising. Could this be you?
Your role will be to:
- Learn about our charity.
- Come up with ideas for how we can raise funds - in cooperation with the rest of our team.
- Put those ideas into practice and raise money!
- Research the potential of JustGiving and advise us on how to use it to do national fundraising campaigns.
- Attend a weekly catch up soon with the team on Mondays from 10-11am as often as possible.
If you're interested, please get in touch for an informal chat by clicking the REGISTER YOUR INTEREST button.
THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE - WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO CAN COMMIT FOR AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS.
You don't need to have a background in substance abuse and recovery but you should have some fundraising knowledge, skills or experience.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Interested in a hands-on volunteer fundraising role for a small, start-up charity.
- Happy, motivated and focused to volunteer remotely from home.
- Happy to volunteer within a wider team.
- A creative thinker and able to come up with low cost fundraising ideas.
- Willing to attend a 2 x half day induction 'Recovery Connects' on a Thursday and Friday.
THIS IS AN ONGOING ROLE. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO COMMIT FOR AT LEAST FOUR MONTHS AND IDEALLY LONGER.
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening a charity which is supporting a vulnerable group through the COVID-19 crisis.
- The chance to connect with new people in the local area from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Experience to strengthen your CV if that is relevant to you (although we only provide references if you have volunteered with us for at least four months).
You will carry out this role from home. You will therefore need a computer, phone and internet connection.
When do I need to be available?
|Details||There is considerable flexibility in this role to organise your tasks around your own commitments. This is an ongoing role which would suit someone looking for a regular volunteer commitment.|
- Health and Social Care
- Homeless and Housing
- Mental Health
- No specific interest
- Substance Misuses and Addiction
- Fundraising and Finance
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy or Statement
- Health and Safety
- Insurance Cover for Volunteers
- Suitable for 13 - 16 years
- Suitable for 16 - 18 years
- Suitable for a group of volunteers
- Suitable only for (e.g. 18+, LGBT, BAME, Women only)
- Support on Offer
- This role is adaptable for different abilities